Author Topic: Application FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)  (Read 8616 times)

Offline Quantum Leap

• CN - Imperial Emperor
  • Former Minister of Love
    • https://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=379932
    • View Profile
  • Discord: QuantumLeap#8175
Application FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
« on: November 09, 2010, 11:27:00 pm » [00000000]
Q: What should my Forum name be ?

A : Your forum name should match your in game Ruler name

Q: Is the New Polar Order currently in any wars?

A: No.  Our last major conflict was the Equilibrium War, which concluded on March 26.

Q: Am I required to change to the Blue team?

A: If you are not in a trade circle you need to join the Blue team. If you are in a trade circle you do not need to change to the blue team. If you do not know what a trade circle is then you most likely aren't in one; so change to the blue team.

Q: What is the acronym for the New Polar Order?

A: The New Polar Order uses "NpO". This is because "NPO" is used to represent the "New Pacific Order".

Q: Am I allowed to declare wars while under the Polaris Recruit alliance affiliation?

A: The short answer is no unless you receive authorisation from an Officer. During peace time, there is a limited number of authorised targets available.

Q: How do I create an application?

A: A guide to creating an application can be found here. And an example application can be found here.

Q: How do I set my alliance affiliation, or AA, to "New Polar Ordert"?

A: Go to "Edit My Nation".  There will be a drop down menu beside "Alliance Affiliation". From the drop down menu, select "Specify Other' and type in "New Polar Order" without quotes.

Q: When do I start the Academy?

A:  When an Admissions Officer posts in your application to guide you through the application process, they will ask you a few questions and show a compliance grid. You will be able to see and complete the Academy after being accepted as an acolyte. You will be accepted as an acolyte after answering the Admission Officer's questions, and complying with the compliance grid.

If you have other questions do not hesitate to ask in your application, we will gladly clear up any questions or concerns.

The post below this one has additional information regarding useful terms and an overview of the visitor to member path.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2024, 10:18:02 pm by Tharu »

haha QL is always right, obviously ;)

"A tiger doesnt lose sleep over the opinions of sheep."

"When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser."
Socrates

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
Abraham Lincoln

Offline Quantum Leap

• CN - Imperial Emperor
  • Former Minister of Love
    • https://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=379932
    • View Profile
  • Discord: QuantumLeap#8175
Re: Application FAQ
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 11:27:48 pm » [00000000]
Code of Conduct:
A brief summary on how a visitor should behave while applying to the New Polar Order

Begging for aid:
It's considered impolite to beg for aid. With that said, The New Polar Order offers numerous economic programs that benefit you and the alliance as a whole. You will have access to these programs once you become a member.

Respect:
Anything said here should be respectful and thought out.  There are consequences for treating people disrespectfully.  Please abide by our rule.

Process of becoming a member:

Visitor
When you make an account on the forums you are just a visitor, you are neither a member or an acolyte yet.

Applicant
Once you have posted an application for the New Polar Order you will be an applicant. As an applicant please check back and respond to any questions about your application.

Acolyte
Once accepted by an Admissions Officer you will become an Acolyte. Your forum permissions will be improved and you will be able to access The Academy. As an acolyte you are to complete the Academy.

Member:
After you have completed the Academy you will be masked as an official New Polar Order member and have full benefits of being a member.

Useful Terms:

Masked:
A mask refers to your forum access and forum permission set.

Trade Circle:
A trade circle is where you and five others all trade resources with one another. These Trade Circles follow "Trade Sets" which are resource groupings that provide strong economic profit. Circles often have all the members on one team colour because trading with nations on your team provides economic bonuses.  You will find more information about economics and trading in the Academy.

Team or Colour
These both refer to your Team Colour on CyberNations. We use the Blue Team as our official team colour.

Acronyms
These acronyms are frequently used, having an understanding of these will prove valuable.

NpO
New Polar Oder

NPO
New Pacific Order

AA:
When someone says AA it means your alliance affiliation, or the alliance you are flying in the game CyberNations.

CN:
CyberNations.

NS:
Nation Strength. A value found on your nation information screen which is used to relate your nation's strength to others.

RL:
Real life, or life outside CyberNations.

OOC:
Out of character, meaning you talk as if you are a real person and not a leader of a country.

IC:
In character, meaning you talk from the perspective of a nation leader.

IRC:
Internet Relay Chat.

ZI:
Zero Infrastructure.

ASAP:
As Soon As Possible.

haha QL is always right, obviously ;)

"A tiger doesnt lose sleep over the opinions of sheep."

"When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser."
Socrates

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
Abraham Lincoln