Author Topic: My gift for a friend  (Read 528 times)

Offline zoskia

• Too vegetarian for you!
  • NpO Member
    • http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=89296
    • View Profile
    • Salón Arcano
My gift for a friend
« on: October 01, 2015, 02:56:27 am » [00000000]
I recently did this for a friend... it was for a game among several friends of mine, all of us practice alchemy (with different styles).
So we gathered and each one gave an anonymous gift and received an anonymous gift.

Here's the box or reliquary I did. The flash of the camera made the photo a bit trashy and the real thing is nicer, but you may like it anyway.

RIGHT:
The tiny flask contains an over-heated salt of a plant that went through the white phase and then arrived to the green phase, liberating two tine stones (with some effort you may see them: a white one and a red one).

LEFT:
A small cubic metallic stone and a quartz stone.

Center:
The bigger part of the flask contains the "Caput Mortuum" (Dead head) of the same plant ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caput_mortuum )... and a few drops of volatile sulphur as to make the flask "sweat" and keep the "Caput Mortuum" in a constant process of purification (an interesting white line was created due to this Sulphur).

The smaller "flask inside the flask" contains an elixir of the plant, which includes:
-The Sal Salis or "Salt" of the plant (this is the water soluble part of the plant after an incineration and a calcination, and properly separated from the caput mortuum).
-The Salt of the Fulphur of the plant (this other salt is prepared with the "tincture" of the plant, which has to go through a similar process than the Sal Salis and also creates another Caput Mortuum).
-The Caput Mortuum of the Sulphur (some people likes adding the Caput of the Sulphur and some others not, I sometimes do it and sometimes I do not).
-The Volatile Sulphur (a.k.a. the "essential oil" obtained by steam distillation).
-The fixed sulphur (a process that is similar to creating a "tea" for a long time and them eliminating the water and only leaving the non volatile oil).
-The mercury of the plant (the ethanol, properly separated from the poisonous methanol that the plant creates during a maceration).
-A drop of honey... as to let the permanent maceration go on (sugar is also an alternative, but I prefer honey.... though some "puritans" are very much against mixing "animal alchemy" and "vegetable alchemy"... I have a mixed opinion on this issue, but it would be too long to explain).
-A small amount of Spiritus Vini as to enhance the elixir (The ethanol of a red wine).

All the flasks, stones, etc are glued to the "reliquary".

I enjoyed creating this gift and I was glad when I saw that it arrived to a good person who knows the value it has.

And I thought of showing it here because it's likely that 99% of the persons who visit this forum have never seen something like this before... and it's a nice chance to watch something different.

You wouldn't understand
Good sons like you
NEVER DO.

help us or we are in death.
Everyone who has posted on this page except Zoskia is off-topic.

Offline Sir Edward Swinkles

• Love - Protector
    • http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=519523
    • View Profile
Re: My gift for a friend
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 03:05:29 am » [00000000]
Something new for me too. Thought it was a hooka at first.

spoofmaniac: KRIV...
   spoofmaniac: I swear I feel like your mother. Every other week you're telling me about some wreck, or shooting you were in
   spoofmaniac: I'm not okay with it!
   KingRyanIV[NpO] offers spoof a steak
Tyga's Law: "The frequency of an alliance member's bitching is inversely proportional to the contribution they make to their alliance."

Offline zoskia

• NpO Member
    • View Profile
    • Salón Arcano
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2015, 05:38:38 am » [00000000]
Something new for me too. Thought it was a hooka at first.

No, it's not marijuana. Though it is possible to create products that create "altered states of consciousness" by using alchemical means and LEGAL vegetables, animal products* or metals. This is simply because of a very high concentration of some principles (i.e, the flask with a red substance weights more or less 10 to 20 grams...  but it was created using 1.5 kilos of dried vegetables. So it has a very HIGH concentration of principles. However not ALL the alchemical elixirs need to create an altered state of consciousness.

And, of course, to get into these issues ALWAYS involves a lot of investigation and CAUTION, for it's very nice, but a bad choice of a substance or a bad procedure may lead to an extremely toxic compound or even a deadly one (an obvious example is that you must perfectly know how to separate ethanol from methanol... since methanol may cause blindness and death). Whilst some substances are OK in its natural state, but once they are prepared as a concentrated elixir they are too toxic and should be avoided (i.e, to create a Nutmeg elixir is not exactly a good idea, unless you are quite aware about how to measure a dose that won't kill you).

This specific elixir was done mostly for "decoration" purposes rather than consumption (it can, however, be consumed and it would not be a problem, but the idea was to create something "artistic" for my friend and let her watch the change of the substance as the process goes on in time... in some 12 months the dark red substance will become bright red or "blood colored").

*Animal products: all of them come from the living human body and NOT from "animals"... alchemy does not involve killing animals at all. With the exception of bullshit (LOL, literally!!!) which was typical in the past, but absolutely uncommon nowadays... since it as simply used to create a mild heat by the means of its fermentation, but such thing was replaced a long time ago by modern (and cleaner) incubators.

You wouldn't understand
Good sons like you
NEVER DO.

• Love - Protector
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2015, 08:25:15 am » [00000000]
I was aware of your likes alchemy ( I've seen your tatoos) but I didn't know your knowledge was this deep.

spoofmaniac: I swear I feel like your mother. Every other week you're telling me about some wreck, or shooting you were in
Tyga's Law: "The frequency of an alliance member's bitching is inversely proportional to the contribution they make to their alliance."

Offline sounion

• Ursus Maritimus
  • Former Member
  • sounion[NpO]
    • http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=499511
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2015, 08:35:56 am » [00000000]
are the compounds you've created beneficial when ingested?  are there actual healthy benefits to doing this?  also, is alchemy a way to make marketable goods, like would I ever come across Zoskia's Alchemy Shop anywhere?
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother.

Alliances Fought for New Polar Order: ODN, TLR, PNU, BF1, NSO, NPO, TIO, Reavers, RnR
Nukes Spied for New Polar Order: 25
Enemy Generals Assassinated for New Polar Order: 3

• Love - Protector
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2015, 09:00:19 am » [00000000]
are the compounds you've created beneficial when ingested?  are there actual healthy benefits to doing this?  also, is alchemy a way to make marketable goods, like would I ever come across Zoskia's Alchemy Shop anywhere?

Great questions!

Offline zoskia

• NpO Member
    • View Profile
    • Salón Arcano
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2015, 04:36:41 pm » [00000000]
Great questions!

Yes, there are HUGE health benefits by ingesting different substances (this is true for vegetal, animal and mineral alchemy).

Other than that: Alchemy may be the "grand-father" of Chemistry, but it is NOT Chemistry (indeed, some alchemical experiments involve doing things that a Chemist "knows" that they are impossible to do from a chemical point of view* ) 

*i.e, the famous idea of Volatilizing the fixed... which in the vegetal kingdom involves creating a Potassium Carbonate - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potassium_carbonate - (a substance that by nature is Polar) and making it become Non-Polar (LOL, no pun intended). A Polar substance is water soluble, but rejects to be solved in Ethanol. The transmutation of Potassium Carbonate (also known as "Fixed Sal Salis) into a Volatile Salt is a typical alchemical procedure. THis mean taking a Polar substance and making it non-polar... a potassium carbonate that will NOT dissolve in water (polar) and will dissolve in ethanol (non-polar).

Creating an alchemical product of any kind involves both a lot of knowledge and also, if you have the knowledge: TIME and EFFORT.

If I had to sell on, say, Ebay, the content of the small flask, the price would have to be something around $1,000 dollars.... and not without even adding an "extra" price for the "knowledge" that is needed to create it, but simply for the WORK that it involves and all the HOURS that it takes to create such thing. i.e, this specific elixir may have taken me some 100 hours of active work (in time spent actively doing something with it)... and 4 weeks of "passive work" (maceration, incubation, time spent at the "oven", many etceteras).

And mot practicing alchemists will also consider "sinful" to sell an elixir or a stone. I actually never seen anyone doing it.

BUT if you want to make a profit with alchemy... yes, there are many ways:

1) Finding the Metallic Stone... if you reach it, your economical troubles are, for sure, over.

2) Practicing ARCHEMY (which is a branch of "alchemy") and it does not really involve any "transmutation", but saving the rich metals from natural sources that already contain them.... and using procedures which are not used by the "gold industry". This is actually quite easy to do, though also quite dangerous because it is a very toxic path.

3) Giving lessons or publishing GOOD books or GOOD translations of old texts. This is profitable.

Though most of the practicing alchemists I know do not have "alchemy" as a job, nor they use it to make a profit. It is actually practical philosophy and practical theology... Most of us do not want to use it to make money and we have other jobs.

As a curiosity, I will copy/paste an old "Oath" (promise) that was obligatory to all the members of a well-known Alchemical society that existed in the XVII century... most modern alchemists follow very similar "rules"... as you may notice, one of the "rules" of this ancient society was ABSOLUTE EQUALITY between men and women, this is very typical of alchemy, which is why most people that links it with Freemasonry are not really right... the "misogyny" of freemasonry has never been part of the alchemical tradition.

And then another rule is about not helping the persons who have the sickness of Venus (STDs)... this is jut because of some puritanism of the times in which such thing was written.... nobody thinks that way nowadays.

As for the refusal to give ANY cent to the Church... such thing is kept alive by most of the persons I know who practice alchemy (not paying money to visit a church, not participating in any charity organized b the Church, never donating anything to a Church, never buying a product that is sold by a Church).

1. That I will always, to the utmost of my power, conduct myself, as becomes a worthy member, with sobriety and piety, and endeavour to Prove myself grateful to the Society for so distinguished a favour as I now receive, during the whole course of my natural life.

2. I will never openly publish that I am a member of this august Society, nor reveal the name or Persons of such members as I know at present or may know hereafter, to avoid derision, insult or persecution.

3. I solemnly promise that I will never during my whole life prostitute, that is publicly reveal, the secret knowledge I receive at present or may receive at a future Period from the Society or from one of its members, nor even privately, but will keep our secrets sacred.

4. I do hereby promise that I will instruct, for the benefit of good men, before I depart this life, one person, or two persons at most, in our secret knowledge, and initiate and receive such person (or persons) as a Member Apprentice into our Society, in the same manner as I have been initiated and received (in quality of a Practical member and brother); but such a person only as I believe to be truly worthy and of an upright well meaning mind, blameless conduct, sober life and desirous of knowledge.

And, as there is no distinction of sexes in the spiritual world, neither amongst the blessed Angels nor among the rational immortal spirits of the Human race; and as we have had a Semiramis, Queen of Egypt, a Myriam, the prophetess, a Peronella, the wife of Flamel, and lately a Leona Constantia, Abbess of Clermont, who was actually received as a practical Member and Master into our Society in the year 1796, which women are believed to have been all possessors of the Great Work, consequently Sorores Roseae Crucis and members of our Society by possession, as the possession of this our art is the key to the most hidden knowledge. And moreover as redemption was manifested to mankind by means of a woman (the Blessed Virgin), and as salvation, which is of infinitely more value than our whole Art, is granted to the female sex as well as to the male, our Society does not exclude a worthy woman from being initiated, God himself not having excluded women from partaking of every spiritual felicity in the next life. We will not hesitate to receive a worthy woman into our Society as a member apprentice, (and even as a practical member or master if she does possess our work practically and has herself accomplished it), provided she is found, like Peronella, Flamel's wife, to be sober, pious, discreet, prudent, not loquacious, but reserved, of an upright mind and blameless conduct, and withall desirous of knowledge.

5. I do hereby declare that I intend with the permission of God to recommence our Great Work with my own hands, as soon as circumstances, health, opportunity and time will permit, that I

first - I may do good therewith as a faithful steward

second - that I may merit the continued confidence which the Society has placed in me in quality of a practical member.

6. I do further most solemnly promise that (should I accomplish the Great Work) I will not abuse the great power entrusted to me by appearing great and exalted, or seeking to appear in a Public character in the world, by hunting after vain titles of Nobility and vain glory, which are all fleeting and vain; but will endeavour to live a sober and orderly life as becomes every Christian, though not possessed of so great a temporal blessing.

I will devote a considerable part of my abundance and superfluity (Multipliable infinitely) to works of private charity, to aged and deeply distressed people, to poor children, and above all to such as love God and act uprightly, and will avoid encouraging laziness and the profession of public beggars.

7. I will communicate every new or useful discovery relating to our Work to the nearest member of our Society and hide nothing from him, seeing he cannot, as a worthy member, possibly abuse it or prejudice me thereby. On the other hand, I will hide these secret discoveries from the world.

8. I do moreover solemnly promise (should I become a Master and possessor) that I will not, on the one hand, assist, aid, or support with Gold or Silver, any Government, King, or Sovereign whatever, except by paying of taxes, nor, on the other, any populace, or particular set of men, to enable them to revolt against their Government. I will leave public affairs and arrangements to the Government of God, who will bring about the events foretold in the Revelations of St. John, which are fast accomplishing. I will not interfere with affairs of Government.

9. I will neither build churches, chapels, nor hospitals and such public charities, as there are already a sufficient number of such public buildings and institutions, if they were only properly applied and regulated. I will not give a Salary to a Priest or Churchman as such to make him more proud and indolent than he is already. If I relieve a distressed worthy clergyman, I will consider him in the light of a Private distressed individual only. I Will give no charity with the view of making my name known in the world, but Will give my alias privately

10. I hereby promise that I will never be ungrateful to the worthy friend and brother who initiated and received me, but respect and Oblige him as far as lies in my power, in the same manner as he has been obliged to promise to his friend who received him.

11. Should I travel either by sea or by land and meet with any person that may call himself a Brother of the Rosy Cross, I will try him whether he can give me a proper explanation of the universal fire of Nature and of our Magnet for attracting and manifesting the same under the form of a salt, whether he is well acquainted with our work, and whether he knows the universal dissolvent and its use. If I find him able to give satisfactory answers, I will acknowledge him as a member and a brother of our Society. Should I find him superior in knowledge and experience to myself, I Will honour and respect him as a Master above me.

12. If it should please God to Permit me to accomplish our Great Work With my own hands, I will Give praise and thanks to God in humble prays: and devote my time to the doing and promoting all the good that lies in my power and to the pursuit of true and useful knowledge.

13. I do hereby Solemnly promise that I will not encourage wickedness and debauchery, thereby offending God, administer the Medicine for the human body, nor the Aurum Potabile to a patient or patients infected with the venereal disease.

14. I do promise that I Will never give the fermented metallic medicine for transmutation, to any Person living, no not a single grain, unless the person is an initiated and received Member and Brother of the Society of the Rosy Cross.

To keep faithfully the above articles as I now receive them from a worthy member of our Society, as he received them himself in the Mauritius, I willingly agree and sign the above with my name and affix my seal to the same, so help me God. Amen.

In testimony that I have initiated and received Alexander Tilloch Esq. in quality of Practical Member and Brother, a degree above a Member Apprentice, on account of his practical knowledge and philosophical acquirements, I have hereunto set my hand and seal,

Sigismund Bacstrom

M.D. London April 5. 1797.

That's the obligatory oath that the members of an extinct society of Alchemists, but it's a historical curiosity.

You wouldn't understand
Good sons like you
NEVER DO.

Offline sounion

• Ursus Maritimus
  • Former Member
  • sounion[NpO]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2015, 08:13:29 pm » [00000000]
super cool. i find alchemy fascinating to be honest. 

And mot practicing alchemists will also consider "sinful" to sell an elixir or a stone. I actually never seen anyone doing it.

isn't that the famous story of alchemy? turning lead into gold? 

if you were to encourage a beginning alchemist, what text would you point them to?  what alchemy process would you start them on first?
Shall be my brother.

Alliances Fought for New Polar Order: ODN, TLR, PNU, BF1, NSO, NPO, TIO, Reavers, RnR

Offline zoskia

• NpO Member
    • View Profile
    • Salón Arcano
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2015, 12:06:09 am » [00000000]
super cool. i find alchemy fascinating to be honest. 

isn't that the famous story of alchemy? turning lead into gold? 

if you were to encourage a beginning alchemist, what text would you point them to?  what alchemy process would you start them on first?

Turning lead into gold... That's the "alchemy for dummies" version of what alchemy is about.

Some of the aims of a person who practices alchemy are:

-Creating the 7 planetary elixirs both in the vegetable kingdom and the mineral kingdom...
-Creating the vegetable stone, the animal stone and the mineral stone.
-Isolating the Spiritus Mundi (Soul of the World), which is the key of life.
-Creating the Universal Stone... and extracting the red stone and the white sone from it (though other paths work the opposite way: creating both the white and the red stone and then creating a "marriage")
-creating the Aurum Potabile or "Potable Gold" (a non-toxic solvent that melts gold and makes it possible to ingest as a medicine).
-Creating the Universal Solvent (this is very related to the Potable Gold, though something slightly different).
-Fixating the volatile and volatization the fixed.
-Understanding the Hermetic principles of Nature and using them.
-Developing the secret fire... also known as "a water that does not wet the hands, a fire that does not burn the hands".
-Creating the Stone of Projection... this is where the infamous "turning lead into gold" comes from, let me tell you that the "lead", just like most of the words you'll find in alchemical texts is a METAPHOR... most of the pasts work with Antimony or Cinnabar, not lead.
-Creating the philosophical gold, which is NOT the "vulgar gold" that can be found in nature.
-Creating the "magnetic salt"... the idea of "magnetic" is misleading, since it has nothing to do with a "magnet" that magnetizes iron, but it is something else.
-Extracting the philosophical sulphur of the Sun.

Alchemy is a philosophy... and alchemical process works like a MIRROR, so what happens in he flask or crucible, also happens to the person who is doing the procedure. Most of the procedures involve a personal change, just the PROCESS involves a deep personal change.

Here you have a nice selection of classical texts, it will be hard to understand them at first sight... understand that most of what you read is a metaphor for something else:
http://www.sacred-texts.com/alc/index.htm

Here's a collection of very simple alchemical procedures explained quite clearly:
http://www.alchemywebsite.com/physical.html

Here's a collection with several of the BEST classics (this is the best of the 3 links I am giving you... but the texts are not for beginners probably).
http://www.alchemywebsite.com/texts_practical.html

And if you want something easier, then the book by Junius may be fine.... though it's VERY basic and incomplete... and, please, ignore his weird fascination for Hinduism... it does not make any sense:
http://www.gclvx.org/Junius%20Practical%20Handbook%20of%20Plant%20Alchemy.pdf

The "course" by J. Reid is certainly better than the one by Junius and it's also easy to follow:
http://www.levity.com/alchemy/johnreid.html

Though both Junius and Reid speak only about the most exoteric parts of alchemy, but it's a good starting point if you've done nothing on the subject before.

Last but not least, the two MOST IMPORTANT LINKS that you MUST read before doing ANYTHING:
http://www.3rd1000.com/alchemy/alch_safety.htm
http://chemistry.about.com/od/healthsafety/a/aa080104a.htm

CN is losing members all the time, these last two links may let CN and Polaris keep a member that otherwise may end up getting dead...  :P
Be careful... and read as much as you can on SAFETY, the two links I just gave you are good, but there's much more stuff to read... I don't wanna see you end up getting poisoned with methanol or with mercury fumes.... so be CAUTIOUS and WISE.

You wouldn't understand
Good sons like you
NEVER DO.

Offline zoskia

• NpO Member
    • View Profile
    • Salón Arcano
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2015, 03:59:10 am » [00000000]
P.D: it is almost identical to what happens to a painter... the resulting paint is important, but most painters who are painters do it because the PROCESS of painting is giving them "something" that is not really in the picture, but that becomes a part of them.... though the painting mirrors this change, whilst the painter mirrors the painting.

The nature of this "something" is impossible to define, but what happens to someone who is going through an alchemical process is probably IDENTICAL to what happens to a painter as he paints.

You wouldn't understand
Good sons like you
NEVER DO.

• Love - Protector
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2015, 06:51:48 am » [00000000]
What is finding the metallic stone? Is this another metaphor?

Offline sounion

• Ursus Maritimus
  • Former Member
  • sounion[NpO]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2015, 01:13:17 pm » [00000000]
thanks zoskia!!!  If i find some free time, i want to be sure to check out these links. 

i have a feeling i could spend a long time talking to you while drinking beer and coffee.
Shall be my brother.

Offline zoskia

• NpO Member
    • View Profile
    • Salón Arcano
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2015, 01:41:26 pm » [00000000]
What is finding the metallic stone? Is this another metaphor?

Yes and no... it's a tricky question. EVERYTHING in alchemy in a metaphor.

thanks zoskia!!!  If i find some free time, i want to be sure to check out these links. 

i have a feeling i could spend a long time talking to you while drinking beer and coffee.

You just made me think.... a VERY good start to get used to the language and metaphores of alchemy would be the famous "tales"... or "allegorical stories".

I can suggest 3 books in this sense:

-The Trinosophia by Saint-Germain: http://sacred-texts.com/eso/mht/index.htm (please note that it is UNLIKELY that S. Germain wrote this text, which in amazing anyway... take care with S. Germain... the ONLY text that could have been written by him is the Trinosophia and it's not even certain... all the other books you find by Saint-Germain are, for sure, fake, and unworthy to read).

-Hermes Unveiled by Cyliani: http://rexresearch.com/alchemy3/cyliani.htm this one is short and probably one of the BEST and most entertaining alchemical tales, it's actually funny to read it as a "strory". Though everything there is a metaphor.... the girl that he finds and becomes his wife, the years he describes that took him to do each thing, the tree in which he falls asleep.... everything is a symbol.

-The Chemical Wedding of Christian Rosenkreutz: http://hermetic.com/norton/pdf/Chymical_Wedding.pdf ... another allegorical tale. The story of a man who is invited to a Royal wedding, but the wedding begins when the King and the Queen are beheaded....  now, in my previous post you've learnt what is a "Caput Mortuum" or a "dead head". The decapitation is a symbol... everything else is a symbol too, even the 4 roads that he has to choose to arrive to the castle (hint: they are the 4 most well known path of alchemy to the stone... each person who want to reach the stone has to choose one, each one has it's problems and advantages).

And one of the best essays on Alchemy and how o decode its metaphors is "Alchemy Explained on the Basis of its Classical Text" by Canseliet, I couldn't find it online, but it's not exactly a rare book. Canseliet is a very good and respected author.

EDIT: avoid C. G. Jung, the famous "psychologist"... he wrote a lot about "alchemy" from a psychological perspective... and whilst it is possible to discuss if his ways create a "good therapy" or a "bad therapy", if you know a thing or two about alchemy, it's possible to say that what he wrote is NOT alchemy, nor it is specially useful for alchemy (it can be useful for psychology or not, but not for alchemy).
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 01:50:50 pm by zoskia »

You wouldn't understand
Good sons like you
NEVER DO.

Offline sounion

• Ursus Maritimus
  • Former Member
  • sounion[NpO]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2015, 01:43:17 pm » [00000000]
I just got a few pages into The Trinosophia by Saint-Germain and this guy basically sounds like the most impressive man in the world!  handsome, intelligent, can speak all languages, knows the courts of countries near and far, is a chemist prodigy.  lol how have i not heard of him before given all his accolades?
Shall be my brother.

Offline zoskia

• NpO Member
    • View Profile
    • Salón Arcano
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2015, 02:12:51 pm » [00000000]
I just got a few pages into The Trinosophia by Saint-Germain and this guy basically sounds like the most impressive man in the world!  handsome, intelligent, can speak all languages, knows the courts of countries near and far, is a chemist prodigy.  lol how have i not heard of him before given all his accolades?

Take care with Saint-Germain.

He is a VERY relevant figure because he was the initiator of the Count Chazal.... and the Count Chazal was the initiator of Sigmund Bacstrom.... who is probably on of the most respected alchemists of all time.

HOWEVER during the XX century a new movement of "mediums" was invented and they got "in contact" with the spirit of Saint-Germain. Of course, I am talking about a group of lunatics who are absolutely unworthy (and absolutely unrelated to alchemy and mostly into the "let's contact the dead with ouija boards). Well, these persons got obsessed from some reason with Saint-Germain and PUBLISHED hundreds of books "authored" by Saint-Germain... without even explaining that these books were books written by "mediums" during the second half of the XX century. So, except for the Trinosophia... avoind any book signed by Saint-Germain... they are bullshit that is unrelated to Saint-Germain.

Another person you may like is Athanasius Kircher.

A short essay by me about Kircher and other subjects... it's quite a tongue-in-cheek essay, but fun to read. Not much about "alchemy" there, but mostly about Theurgy, Art and Language: http://salonarcano.com.ar/contenidos/literatura/english/ensayo/richker/index.htm

You wouldn't understand
Good sons like you
NEVER DO.

Offline sounion

• Ursus Maritimus
  • Former Member
  • sounion[NpO]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2015, 11:42:06 am » [00000000]
This is my favorite passage so far:

The Comte was ambidextrous to such a degree that he could write the same article with both hands simultaneously. When the two pieces of paper were afterwards placed one upon the other with the light behind them the writing on one sheet exactly covered the writing on the other. He could repeat pages of print after one reading. To prove that the two lobes of his brain could work independently he wrote a love letter with his right hand and a set of mystical verses with his left, both at the same time. He also sang beautifully.

:lmao:
Shall be my brother.

Offline zoskia

• NpO Member
    • View Profile
    • Salón Arcano
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2015, 06:04:39 pm » [00000000]
This is my favorite passage so far:

The Comte was ambidextrous to such a degree that he could write the same article with both hands simultaneously. When the two pieces of paper were afterwards placed one upon the other with the light behind them the writing on one sheet exactly covered the writing on the other. He could repeat pages of print after one reading. To prove that the two lobes of his brain could work independently he wrote a love letter with his right hand and a set of mystical verses with his left, both at the same time. He also sang beautifully.

:lmao:

AS I've told you, there is a huge difference between this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Count_of_St._Germain and this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Germain_(Theosophy)

The separation of gold from bullshit is an alchemical activity! :p

You wouldn't understand
Good sons like you
NEVER DO.

Offline sounion

• Ursus Maritimus
  • Former Member
  • sounion[NpO]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2015, 07:28:05 pm » [00000000]
lol. this has me hooked. will be awhile til i can get through the plethora of resources you've posted though.  but huge thanks zos.
Shall be my brother.

Offline zoskia

• NpO Member
    • View Profile
    • Salón Arcano
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2015, 08:06:32 pm » [00000000]
If you get even more interested, I can upload something like 5 gigas of old alchemical texts and post a private link.
PRobably all the worthy books on the subject since the first written sources till late XIX century (with a few exceptions -like Canseliet-, I do not follow modern authors -with "modern" meaning XX and XXI Century)... some people like Carl Jung or Mircea Eliade tried to explain what is Alchemy by following their own peculiar ideas... and created a tradition of morons who write books on Alchemy which are absolutely unrelated to anything that makes sense.

You wouldn't understand
Good sons like you
NEVER DO.

Offline sounion

• Ursus Maritimus
  • Former Member
  • sounion[NpO]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2015, 08:30:05 pm » [00000000]
i'll let ya know!
Shall be my brother.

Offline zoskia

• NpO Member
    • View Profile
    • Salón Arcano
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2015, 02:52:45 am » [00000000]
Another project of mine: ORDER!!!!  :science:

Currently my equipment uses a lot of space and it also collects dirt in an unnecessary way...

So I have developed a solution to this problem... I'm going to create wooden boxes for EVERYTHING. I already did my first one for a Liebig Condenser and a Graham Condenser. The boxes are made of wood, the inside walls are 100% covered in polyesirene... and the polyestirene is covered in a soft and "sponge-like" fabric.

This is my first box... it will be possible to pile them... and I will be able to be more organized:

LOL.... the "art" of the box looks like crap... but I LOVE informalist art (Asger Jorn, Basquiat, Jean Dubuffet...). So I wanted it to look like that... very "informal" and with a "non-professional" way of looking.

You wouldn't understand
Good sons like you
NEVER DO.

Offline zoskia

• NpO Member
    • View Profile
    • Salón Arcano
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2015, 03:22:00 am » [00000000]
OTHER INTERESTING STUFF:

My Planetary "paintings without paint"

Ogdoad / 8th Heaven

Saturn

Jupiter

Mars

Sun

Venus

Mercury

Moon + Earth

My "portrait of nothing"

My "Golden Ratio"

My "Planetary Lamp"

Turned on and turned off....

My "Mineral Salt" (it's a bad photo, but it's hard to photograph)

You wouldn't understand
Good sons like you
NEVER DO.

Offline sounion

• Ursus Maritimus
  • Former Member
  • sounion[NpO]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2015, 08:36:09 am » [00000000]
cool! it looks like you have a mad scientist lab!

what do you do for a day job? 
Shall be my brother.

Offline zoskia

• NpO Member
    • View Profile
    • Salón Arcano
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2015, 01:16:57 pm » [00000000]
I make videos, I've worked at a museum... And I am currently getting involved in bringing experimental bands to my country.
But videos is my source.

I also teach, but I don't live from teaching.

Indeed... It looks like a mad scientist lab. But the boxes will fix it.

You wouldn't understand
Good sons like you
NEVER DO.

Offline zoskia

• NpO Member
    • View Profile
    • Salón Arcano
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2015, 05:05:34 pm » [00000000]
Something funny...

There was a thread about "ask an atheist" and I said something about alchemy there.

One of the game mods is a professional chemist (a very clever one actually)... So I am having a very interesting conversation with him in private messages about alchemy and chemistry.

I am showing his some advanced alchemical procedures, he tries to find the "chemical" explanation... till we arrived to an issue that he can't explain. I will send them photos later. I love these conversations.

Can't tell which one is the mod.

You wouldn't understand
Good sons like you
NEVER DO.